The Healthy Life week
A weeks worth of meals in 5 hours prep
Thermobexta (aka Bec Allum) has recently released her first recipe book, Main Meals Made Easy. The recipe book is a thermal cooker vegetarian book but also has "make it meaty" variations throughout.
Thermobexta: Main Meals Made Easy is a beautiful cookbook with 22 recipes for you to make in your thermal cooker, using easy to access, healthy, real food ingredients.
Catering for a wide variety of dietary requirements, all recipes are vegetarian, most have meat variations included and most are gluten, dairy, egg and nut free, or have options on how to make them so.
You can get the book here.
So what have I cooked so far from the book:
- Tomato sauce/ketchup (scored a $2 bag of tomatoes from the fruit & vegie shop)
- Vegetable lasagne (subbed the top layer with skinnymixers cauliflower soup and grated cheeses)
- Oriental vegie bowl
- Zucchini slice
- Spelt pizza (which has been a cant be bothered night staple for the past year)
I've put together a downloadable 'cook the book' shopping list so you can get right into the book.
Thermobexta also has a blog with over 100 free recipes to try: www.thermobexta.com.au, and can also be found on facebook www.facebook.com/thermobextapage and a facebook chat group at www.facebook.com/groups/thermobexta/
Argh its been ages since I've attempted to meal plan. Things are so busy that I'm generally planning on the fly or have been on an Asian bender (thanks to the new Skinnymixer "A Little Taste of Asia" recipe booklet. So here's what I'm cooking this week (got all the staples out of the way today at our whole foods cook-a-long.
- Skinnymixers Rendang (slow cooking a beef version and thermo'ing a chicken version) serving with some Asian green veggies & cauli rice
- Skinnymixers Ricotta Gnocchi (slightly modified) tossed with some sautéed spinach, butter and sage served with a side of veggies (whatever I need to use up in the fridge)
- Pete Evan's Creamy Chicken Avocado Salad
- Jacket Sweet Potatoes with coleslaw
- Breakfast zucchini frittata (using fridge dregs lol)
- Jessica Sepel's Smoothie bowls
- Jessica Sepel's Protein Smoothie
- and probably end the week with a Thermobexta Spelt Pizza
- Quirky Apple Custard Crumble
- Stewed cinnamon apples with my free ugly apples from the market