Since being part of the Skinnymixers testing team I have developed a LOVE for chipotle anything. So when I saw a Chipotle Chicken recipe in my feed recently I quickly added it to my meal plan.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder (or smoked paprika for less spicy version)
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 300g tomato puree/passata
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or chicken stock concentrate & 500g water (or 500g vegetable or chicken liquid stock)
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo (chilli and sauce)
- 60g lime juice
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Handful chopped cilantro
- Add garlic and onion to jug and chop 3 seconds/speed 9/MC ON
- Scrape down bowl and add olive oil then sautee 5 mins/100C/Speed 1/MC OFF
- Add salt, cumin, tomato puree, stock concentrate and water, chipotle peppers in adobo and lime juice. Cook 10 mins/100C/Speed 1/MC OFF. Place basket on top to avoid splatter.
- Preheat oven to 200C and heat a frypan with the 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Sprinkle chicken with chipotle powder. Quickly sear the chicken on both sides and set aside in a large baking tray.
- When sauce has finished cooking blitz for 20 seconds/speed 6/MC on.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Top with fresh coriander and serve with mexican red rice (or cauli red rice), chipotle salsa (if you want to up the heat) and sour cream.
This recipe is adapted from Skinny Taste. I would have loved to make the Avocado Crema but the avocado Gods had their say with a fruit bowl of unripe avocados.