It was a Sunday night and my children had finished off a bowl of Skinnymixers bacon and vegetable soup, still had plenty of time before bedtime and asked for some dessert.
Wasnt planning on any but hey it the school holidays so I flicked through the tm5 basic cook book for inspiration of something quick and easy I could adapt. I came across the yoghurt cake and here is what I ended up tweaking it to:
- 80g coconut oil, soft/melted
- 1 lemon zest
- 75g coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 3 eggs
- 200g white unbleached spelt flour
- 120g greek yoghurt (I used some homemade yoghurt)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
[Cream cheese frosting optional]
- 125g cream cheese, cubed, at room temp
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C and line or oil your cupcake pan tray
- Add lemon zest and sugar to jug and blitz 10 seconds/speed 10. Scrape down.
- Add eggs and mix 30 seconds/speed 3.
- Add flour, yoghurt, oil and salt. Mix 1 minute/speed 5.
- Add baking powder and mix 15 seconds/speed 5.
- Add mixture to cupcakes mould and bake 15-18 minutes (check as my oven is woeful and needs to be replaced)
- Insert butterfly attachment
- Add all ingredients to jug and 30 seconds/speed 4. Scrape down sides and mix with spatula and repeat.
Lovely served warm as well.