This recipe is quite rich so cut into small squares (approx 30) and enjoy a small amount a time :)
- 300g coconut (desi, flakes or shredded)
- 25g coconut oil
- 40g cacao
- 75g maple syrup (or 1/4 cup honey or other liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon good quality ground salt (I use pink himalayan)
- 60g nut butter of choice
- 3-5 drops of essential oil (optional - peppermint, orange or cinnamon would be great)
- Start by adding the coconut to the jug or processor blitz 30 seconds / speed 8.
- Once its liquid add coconut oil and mix a further 20 seconds / speed 8. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process to smooth. 30 seconds / speed 8. Scrape down and mix another 10 seconds / speed 6.
- Place mix in a baking paper lined tray and freeze for 30 minutes to set.
This recipe has been inspired by Whole Lifestyle Nutrition's fudge recipe.