This granola is an adaption of Irena Macri's (Eat Drink Love Paleo) Paleo Muesli Granola. The flavour combination varies each time I make it. This current batch is apple cinnamon and my previous batch was mango.
- 2.5 cups mixed nuts (I use whatever I have on hand which is generally a base of almonds, cashews with some walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans)
- 1 cup dried fruit (mixed or one type your call ie. apple, figs, mango)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cup pepitas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- heaped tablespoon soft coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a deep baking pan with baking paper
- Add 2 cups of the nuts and dried fruit to thermomix or food processor and blitz 6 seconds / speed 6 or until a mix of meal and chunky bits
- Add rest of ingredients excluding chia seeds and mix til combined 20 seconds / speed 2
- Spread mix into baking pan, flatten down and bake for 10 minutes
- Turn over mix and bake for an additional 10 minutes. As ovens vary just watch your mix so not to burn it
- Add chia seeds at end, allow to cool then add to a glass container for storing either in the pantry for a couple weeks or keep in the fridge to keep for longer.
Notes: You can halve the batch but you will also need to reduce the cooking time. Mix and match add anything you think may go ok - any nuts or seeds.